Following is a list of some easy steps to follow to ensure that everything is in place for you and your auto shipper before the big move:
- Just to be safe, make sure that you remove any personal items from your car to ensure that nothing comes up missing during the trip. This also alleviates any extra weight that may be added to your car which in turn saves you on cost. Make sure that your gas tank is very low or empty so there will be no added weight to your automobile. Again this saves you money in the long run!
- Even if you’re using an open trailer to ship your car, please make sure to wash your entire car so you can see in detail any scratches, nicks or any other cosmetic damage on your car before you ship. That way you will know if there’s any additional damage to your car after the move.
- Please make sure that the car alarm is turned off or disabled so there will be no problems when your shipper needs to access the car. You should also make sure that the tires have the recommended pressure and make sure that the car battery is fully charged for easy access for loading and unloading.
- Always ensure that you remove any specialty items on your car such as fog lights, ground effects or spoilers. If you have wide mirrors on the outside of your car, make sure that they are folded all the way back. If you have an exterior antenna, please retract it or remove it completely to prevent any damage during the moving process.
- The last thing to do is put together an entire list of any pre-existing damage that you have on your vehicle before the move. You may also want to take pictures and add dates to those pictures so there will be no misunderstandings before, during and after the trip between you and your auto shippers.
Ready to ship your car; then make sure you use a reputable car shipping service such as thriftyautoship.com to get it to its destination safely and securely.